Celebration in every Bite: True Aussie Beef goes Thai to showcase its juicy brisket
To create the best version of the ‘Weeping Tiger’, Chef Pam – Pichaya Utharntharm – Celebrity Chef and True Aussie Beef Brand Ambassador has selected the Australian Beef brisket. The simple dry rub and the grilling bring out the Australian beef’s natural flavor. Additionally, the quality of the beef elevates the unforgettable flavors of this traditional Thai dish. Australia is renowned for its delicious beef as a result of its vast green pastures where the livestock grazes, sustainable farming practices, stringent quality control and strict measures for raising, treating and processing livestock. The resultant beef is of extremely high quality and taste. Perfect for this very recipe where the meat is centerstage.
Chef Pam chose the brisket as it is perfect for slow cooking – cooked low and slow makes the brisket tender and juicy. Besides, the brisket has a robust meaty flavor, meatier than other slow-cooking cuts like chuck, and is perfect for the spices used in this recipe. The key, she says, is to give this cut of beef plenty of time to cool at low temperatures. So slow-cook it smoked, slow roast it or slow grill it to break down the connective tissues for tender and sliceable beef.
Chef Pam’s Beef Brisket recipe
All ingredients are readily available in any supermarket.
- 500 g Australian Beef Brisket
- ½ tsp Salt (or to taste)
Dry Chili Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Tamarind Paste
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Toasted Rice Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 5 g Chopped Cilantro leaves
- 5 g Chopped Spring Onions/Chives
- Preheat the pan to medium.
- Lightly rub salt on the brisket.
- Pan grill the brisket for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. (Adjust cooking time depending on the thickness of the cut and your preference)
- Rest the brisket for 2 minutes before slicing into it.
- To make the dip, mix fish sauce, lime juice, tamarind paste, toasted rice powder, chili powder, cilantro leaves, and spring onions/chives.
- Serve with sticky rice and fresh crunchy vegetables.
For more information about True Aussie Beef please go to https://www.trueaussie.co.th/